Fall Harvest Salad with Roasted Delicata Squash, Apples, Pomegranate
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1 delicata squash, halved, seeded and sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 4 cups of dark greens like kale, spinach and arugula (shaved brussels sprouts optional)
- 1 apple (gala or honeycrisp work well), cored and sliced thinly
- 1/4 cups pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Optional: blue cheese crumbles, goat cheese or smoked gouda
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Arrange the greens in a large bowl.
- Toss the delicata squash pieces with olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange, in a single layer, on a sheet pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- In a bowl or jar, combine the salad dressing ingredients. Whisk or shake to combine.
- Toss the greens with 1/2 the salad dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the greens on a large platter. Top with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with extra salad dressing.
Recipe by Katie Cavuto at https://katiecavuto.com/blog/2018/11/nourish-fall-harvest-salad-with-roasted-squash-apples-pomegranate-and-pumpkin-seeds/