Roasted Chicken with Olives, Potato, Artichoke and Lemon
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (4-6)
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces red or white potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts, packed in water
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives (cerignola or castelvetrano)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (or chives or scallions or parsley)
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 lemons, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, skin side down, and cook until until the skin is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add stock garlic, lemon zest and juice, oregano and stir to combine.
- Add the artichokes, potatoes and olives. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to coat in the braising liquid.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, basting it with the liquid and moving the vegetables to the sides.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Roast, until the potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 30-40 minutes.
Recipe by Katie Cavuto at https://katiecavuto.com/blog/2018/04/nourish-roasted-chicken-thighs-with-olives-potatoes-artichokes-and-lemon/