Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Yield 1 Loaf
- 3 medium ripe bananas (1 ½ cups)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp butter or oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or dairy milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash banana in a large bowl. Add all ingredients through almond milk and whisk vigorously to combine. Add the baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, almond meal, flour and oats and stir.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 1 hour. When ready, it should feel firm and be crackly and golden brown on top.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
Cook time may vary. At 1 hour, check the bread with a toothpick. If it is still soft/wet, leave in for an additional few minutes. Should not exceed an additional 15 minutes.
Courses Breakfast, Snack
Recipe by Katie Cavuto at https://katiecavuto.com/blog/2017/04/banana-chocolate-chip-bread/