Remember that beautiful Spring Vegetable Frittata that I shared on Tuesday, well this super simple Quinoa Tabbouleh is its perfect mate! Colorful, flavorful and loaded with good-for-you ingredients, this recipe is a mainstay in our house. I have been making it for years and I am shocked that it is, just now, making it’s way onto the blog. Whip it up for a brunch, BBQ of weekend lunch. It’s a crowd pleasure to say the least. Save yourself some time and pre-cook the quinoa (or another grain of your choosing). I have even used frozen, defrosted quinoa in a pinch as I usually have the other ingredients in the house!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa*
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 english cucumber, diced
- 1 cup chickpeas, pre-cooked or BPA Free canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup dill, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Serve.
- To cook quinoa, place 1 cup dry quinoa and 2 cups of water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes. Cool prior to adding to salad.
Tagged with: chickpeas citrus cucumber Dairy Free Dill Dinner Easy Recipes Entertaining Family Favorites Gluten Free Grains and Beans lemon Lunch parsley quinoa Side Dishes simple summer tomatoes Veggies and Salads