Need a sweet treat or an energy boost? These rich, chocolaty bites are packed with good-for-you ingredients. I have been playing around with different types of energy bites as I love to bring them with me when I head down to the ballpark to work with the Phillies. I made the Almond Butter, Coconut and Chocolate Chip Bites at Spring Training and they were a hit! Energy bites are a filling snack that you can make ahead and even freeze for later use. Rich in healthy fats, protein and whole grains they are equally as delicious as they are healthy!
If you are new to no-bake bites these are a game changer. You simply grab your food processor and give them a whirl. Roll them up and start snacking! Talk about a simple, family-friendly snack! Move over candy–these just might win you over!
- 2 cups unshelled pistachios
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Grind the pistachios in the food processor then add the remaining ingredients to form a batter. Roll into balls.
- Freeze for up to one month