Admittedly, I am not the average woman in the sense that I am really low maintenance about my beauty routine. Confession: I usually leave the house without much (if any) make-up, I rarely wash my face (seriously) and I only use deodorant on very random occasions–usually because it is sitting on the counter and I think, “Hmmm, maybe I should use that today?!” As I said, I am not the average woman and I am not sure if I should be proud of this? At least I can confidently tell you that I don’t smell–in case you were wondering about that. If I do, tell me. I’ll start wearing deodorant more.
That being said, clients and readers often ask me about my favorite products and my routine so here is a peak into my day-to-day better beauty routine! I am a huge fan of one stop shopping so all of my favorites can be purchased through either Amazon or BeautyCounter and they are all rated either a 1 or 2 through the Environmental Working Group. Translation: you can feel good about using these products! They are very clean, safe and thankfully still effective!
Why Better Beauty?
Sadly, we barely regulate self-care products in the US. Here are a few facts.
- There are over 80,000 chemicals used in commercially available products- any many do not have safety data. Read more!
- Only 10% of of the chemicals found in beauty products have safety data
- The United States has not passed a federal law regulating what companies can put in personal care products since 1938
- In the past 20 years the US has banned a mere 11 ingredients found in personal care products–the European union has banned 1,300.
- Research has shown the connection between toxic chemicals exposure and disease.
Did You Know
The average woman uses 12 beauty products each day! That includes me and I use the bare minimum most days yet there are easily over 12 products listed here!
My Better Beauty Routine
From morning to night, here are the products I use and love with links to pricing and purchase options!
I use this brand because it is one of the few brands that do not contain Sodium Laurel Sulfate, including Tom’s.
Jason Natural Cosmetics Powersmile Toothpaste, 6 oz (EWG rating 1-2)
- While I rarely wear it, mainstream deodorants can be really toxic. I love this vegan, non-toxic deodorant that is made with moisturizing plant-based oils.
- I love the Acure products. They have several shampoo and conditioner options for repairing, volume and this one, which clarifies
- For Cracked Hands and Chapped Nose and really anything–we use this every single day
BeautyCounter Everyday Shaving Cream (EWG rating 2)
I have been known to leave the house without a stitch of make-up and my hair jumbled up in a pony, but there are other days that I need and like to be a bit more put together! Here are my favorite products for those days!
Fancy Me Up Products
Tousled Waves Spray
BeautyCounter Style Sea Salt Spray (EWG rating 3)
- gives my naturally curly.wavy hair a little texture and style so it isn’t a frizzy, fuzzy mess!
Dew Skin Tinted Mousiturizer with SPF (EWG rating 2)
- I despise the feeling of make-up on my skin but, there are certain times when I am taping a segment or giving a talk that I need a bit more coverage. This is my solution. It is light weight and slightly tinted. I even mix it with a little moisture to think it out more!
Under Eye Concealer
BeautyCounter Touch Up Concealer Pen (EWG rating 2)
- this concealer, a bit of bronzer and some mascara is my normal routine
BeautyCounter Color Contour Matte Bronzer (EWG rating 1)
BeautyCounter Color Sweep Blush (EWG Rating 2)
Color Shade Eye Duo (EWG Rating 1)
BeautyCounter Color Outline Eye Pencil (EWG rating 2)
Kari Gran Lip Whip Peppermint Tinted (EWG Rating 1)
- I kid you not, my lips have never been so loved. This product is magical!
Wait for it….If I even wash my face (seriously!!!) I usually wash my face with water alone. On days I wear more make-up I have been know to truly “wash” my face and these are my picks!
BeautyCounter Charcoal Cleansing Bar (EWG Rating 1)
Kari Gran Starter/Travel Kit Lavender (EWG Rating 1)
- contains a cleansing oil, essential serum and hydrating tonic–trust me, its is like a spa day at home! I am obsessed!
I am a Beauty Counter Consultant. When ordering, please enter my name as your consultant. If you make a purchase and use my name, I will receive a small commission. I am also a member of the amazon affiliate program so if you purchase through the link provided I will receive a small commission. You do not pay the commission, it is paid by a third party. Opinions expressed here are my own and I only recommend products I would personally use.