The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude. It’s really quite simple. Avoid being consumed by negative emotions by starting your day this way…every day!
Here’s the deal. Want to have a good day? Set your intentions before you even get out of bed. It’s not hard–you don’t even have to be fully awake. Mildly coherent will do.
Imagine this. Your are snuggled up in bed. It’s all warm and cozy. Your eyes are closed and your day has yet to really begin. Harness this time. Savor in it. Then, do the following:
- Take five or ten really amazing, full, thoughtful breaths. What a wonderful way to welcome the day and to invigorate your body.
- Be Grateful. Think of one, three, even five things that you feel grateful for. You get the point…start revving up those happy thoughts. Good day–here you come!
- Smile. For real. It is nearly impossible to be sad, mad, annoyed, grumpy, etc….if you are smiling. Try it. I’m serious. You may even laugh as it feels kinda silly. Bonus–laughter scores you extra “good day” points.
- Shower yourself with love. Yes, you. Tell yourself how truly awesome you are. Think of this as a metaphorical hug you are giving yourself. Yeah, that feels good, right!
- Set an intention and it doesn’t have to be grand. In fact, you are better off keeping it simple. You don’t need to feel pressure to succeed before you get out of bed.
Rise and SHINE!