Last week I shared the importance of hitting pause from time to time. Really, we should make this a regular practice. When we pause we are more present in the moment, but the exercise does not stop there. Once we pause we also need to savor. Savor the beauty of that moment even if it is fairly mundane. Life becomes wildly beautiful and meaningful when you are able to appreciate otherwise “normal” moments for all the loveliness that exists in them. For this week’s intention, pick a rather mundane moment that occurs regularly in your life and pause to find the beauty in it. Pause to feel gratitude. I am feeling excited just thinking about this!
Not sure where to begin? Here are a few of the ideas that popped into my head (in no particular order). I would love to hear about the moments you pick and how savoring these moments makes your feel! Please share in the comments.
- The sounds of food cooking like the sizzle when something hits a saute pan
- Taking a shower–actually engage in the experience and the way that it feels, smells, etc
- Your walk or drive to work
- Getting dressed
- Packing your lunch or your kids lunch
- Putting your kids (or yourself) to bed
- Sending and receiving emails
- Meeting with a client
- Grocery Shopping
- Taking your kids to school
- Playing with your kids
- Walking the dog
- Reading a book
- Sitting quietly
- Pumping Gas
- Paying Bills
Okay…which moments will you choose?
Pausing to enjoy the simple act of writing this blog,