Beets, Honey and Gorgonzola are a heavenly combination that is only made better in the form of a flat bread. I love lightening up a decadent yet flavorful cheese by cutting it with some non-fat Greek yogurt. I also utilized the beet and the greens which adds extra flavor, nutrition and a pop of color. Beet, Gorgonzola and Honey Flatbread
- 1 tablespoon herb oil (see recipe below)
- 2 pieces whole wheat naan bread (whole foods)
- Two Beets (one red and one yellow)–roasted, halved and sliced
- 1 ounce Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup beet greens, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Place naan on a pizza stone or baking sheet. Drizzle with herb oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 5 minutes to crisp.
- Spread 1/2 of cheese mixture on each piece of naan. Layer beet slices. Top with beet greens tossed in a tsp of olive oil
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned. Remove from heat. Drizzle Honey and Serve.
Herb Oil: In a food processor combine 1 1/2 cups of oil with 1 cup of mixed fresh herbs such as rosemary, oregano,thyme and parsley.
*To Roast Beets: Wrap in foil (yellow seperate to red to protect the red beet from “bleeding onto the yellow”) @400 for 1 hour or until tender. Peel.
Katie Cavuto MS RD