This slightly sweet variation on hummus is perfect for fall and packed with good-for-you nutrients!
Smoked Butternut Squash Hummus
- 2-3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- In a small bowl combine butternut squash with 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, oregano, honey, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Arrange squash on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Combine squash with remaining ingredients and puree in a food processor. Add water to think to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.