Remember that crazy-good Rhubarb and Raspberry Compote I shared with you earlier in the week? Well, if you have any left you can use it to make this simply delicious quinoa breakfast porridge and I bet you have all of the ingredients on hand to whip it up in a flash. When I said “easy” I meant it! This recipe is so easy it doesn’t even require a traditional recipe. You see, I want you to get comfortable grabbing a bowl and whatever ingredients may be laying around the house. Breakfast doesn’t have to be complicated. Here is the how to:
Building A Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Grab your favorite bowl
- Grab a small sauce pan and fill it with the following…
- Add 1/2-3/4 cup of cooked quinoa, oats, millet…whatever grain you have on hand and remember–you can pre-cook and freeze grains for uses like this
- Add 1/2-3/4 cup of your milk of choice (I opted for coconut milk this go around)
- Add some zest! Yes, I love my zest. I used orange zest. You could use lemon as well. You could skip it!
- Add some maple or honey. About 1 teaspoon will do.
- Stir up the contents of the saucepan and heat it up
- Pour the contents into your bowl
- Top it with a hearty dollop of the compote and some coconut flakes. You could also use frozen, defrosted berries and really any nut or seed your craving
- Savor every delicious bite!
Sidenote: ‘member how I described rhubarb like a large red celery stalk–there it is, in the picture. Pretty spot on, right?
If you want a few more breakfast cereal ideas give these a try. They are just a simple.