Delicata squash may be my favorite squash variety simply because it is easy to cook up. You get to skip the peeling process (yay) and simply seed and slice this little guy– then cook him up (it’s quick) for a delish and super healthy side dish. Delicata is naturally sweet (even without the maple) so it is sure to be a family friendly dish!
- 2 Delicata squash, halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into 1/2" slices
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (raw)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the maple, thyme and balsamic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Season the squash sliced with oil, salt and pepper. Arrange the squash slices on a baking sheet in single layer.
- Roast the squash for 10 minutes. Flip the slices and continue to bake for about 10 minutes. Drizzle the maple mixture onto the squash and bake them for another 3-5 minutes or until tender. Toss with sunflower seeds
Photo Yoni Nimrod