This meatless meal is a sseasonal goddess. It is simple to create and oh-s0-satisfying. You can keep it mild and family friendly or kick up the heat for more flavor. The sweetness of the squash pairs perfectly with the heat from the curry. Butternut Squash Curry
- 1/2 lb cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1/2 lb butternut squash, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste (more depending on desired heat)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger root, fresh, peeled and minced
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped.
- Whisk together coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce and honey
- In a sauce pan, heat olive oil. Add onion and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add butternut squash, cauliflower and coconut milk mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the squash is tender.
- Add chickpeas and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Katie Cavuto MS RD